A unique opportunity will be available for youth this summer! Voyageur Lutheran Ministry (VLM) will be conducting a Day Camp, designed to introduce the Bible camping experience to the youth of our congregation. Day Camp is a unique blend of outdoor ministries and congregational ministry. The VLM staff brings to the week their own enthusiasm and leadership/teaching style which local volunteers enhance with similar gifts as well as knowledge of community needs and resources. Together they make Day Camp and exciting and enriching experience.
When?: July 24-28, 9am-3pm M-R, 9am-12pm F
Who?: For youth who have completed K-5th grade
Cost?: $25/student, $40/family
Want to pay your registration fees online? Click here!
If you are interested in having your child(ren)/grandchildren participate in this Camp, please contact the church office at 218-724-9210, or coordinator Patti Alander at 218-391-6512 (texts accepted). Space is limited and we will be accepting applications until July 3, 2017.
ELEMENTS OF DAY CAMP:
- Worship: A time set aside twice a day for celebration and praise. The message will center on the theme of the day. The services contain songs, prayers, scripture readings, stories, and skits.
- Bible Study: Our weekly theme will be developed in small groups. Within these small groups, the children will learn several Bible stories and their messages, which relate to the overall focus for the week.
- Recreation: Games are played not only for the sake of playing games, but are also used to build community among the Day Campers.
- Snack & Lunch: These times in the Day Camp day not only provide nourishment and refreshment, also the chance for informal fellowship between staff, campers, and volunteers.
- Arts & Craft: A time for campers to be creative and learn about the day’s study in a different way. Craft also provide a way to share the Day Camp experience with family and friends.
- Quiet Time: This is an important time of the day for rest and quiet activities. Activities during this time may include stories, videos or quiet game.